We know that those responsible for setting and influencing L&D strategy are under pressure. They need to add value and transform learning to support their organisations. But the world is changing so rapidly – how can they do that effectively given limited time and resources? That’s where benchmarking can help…
The Towards Maturity Benchmark is not a survey – it’s a three step performance improvement process for L&D professionals looking to establish an effective learning technologies culture within their business.
My goal is to enable organisations to establish a technology-led learning culture that contributes to business agility, effective change management and performance. The bottom line is that benchmarking helps L&D leaders to get there faster without re-inventing the wheel!
In a nutshell, benchmarking can help L&D managers to:
- Create a sense of urgency– by comparing their approach with the success of others
- Be accountable – Setting a personal baseline for today to help demonstrate progress tomorrow
- Step up to the challenge
- Promote change, in the wider context of organisational change – Motivate their teams to become industry leaders not followers; provide an external perspective to help engage stakeholders with new ways of learning; and justify an investment for change
- Deliver results , faster – Increase staff engagement and results; learn from common mistakes rather than making them ; set ‘SMART’ targets in their business plan, based on trusted industry metrics
- Positively affect their business culture – open learning environments bring speed to change
Want to find out more? Laura Overton, MD of Towards Maturity, will be talking about the business benefits of benchmarking in a webinar hosted by our sister organisation The Corporate eLearning Consortium. You can sign up for the webinar here.
Here are some fast facts to help you get your benchmark started – what are you waiting for!
- Here’s the link to enter the benchmark
- It will take around 45 minutes to an hour to complete
- Enter before 12 July and get a free personalised benchmark report – worth £300 – thanks to the support of Ambassadors like ourselves…
- You’ll get the results in August
- There’s lots more information and resources about the benchmark on the Towards Maturity website www.towardsmaturity.org